Thursday, January 14, 2016

Christmas Crochet Presents

I learned how to crochet as a teenager. I think I learned how to make a scarf, and a little Christmas stocking. I'm pretty sure they both looked meh. Over the next few years, I made a scarf for myself, which I never wore, and one for a boyfriend, which he probably never wore. One year, I attempted to make animal hats for a couple of my siblings. I finished an owl hat, but I still have an unfinished monkey hat and duck hat in my closet.  It's been two years, and I'll probably never finish them. This last Christmas, I made a beanie for each of the men in my family, and an infinity scarf for the women. They turned out pretty well, and somehow I was able to make close to 30 of them in just over a month. It was insane.

Anyway, here is one of the beanies I made. I'm sorry it's not a great picture. I got the pattern from Colie's Crochet. She's provided a pattern for every size you could ever need. The smaller hats I made for my nieces took 1-3 hours. The larger ones took 3-5, but mostly because I had issues issues with the hat widths being inconsistent as I crocheted.


I don't have a picture of any of the scarves I made, unfortunately, but they looked great! I got the pattern from Rookie Crafter. Another simple pattern, but I loved the way the scarves look. They took 1 1/2 to 2 hours to make, which was great. 

I'll make individual posts for the two patterns in the future, with better pictures, and with any tips I think might be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment